The Sacos International Health Insurance Plan offers you and your family access to some of the best doctors and hospitals in various part of the world, therefore giving you medical protection whenever you need it. The health insurance plan combines inpatient cover with the flexibility of an optional out-patient cover, allowing you to build a plan that is right for you.
Out-patient cover (Private clinics in Seychelles)
Enhance your International Health Insurance. Add optional benefits to your in-patient plan.
Subject to an annual limit associated with your plan, it covers outpatient medical costs in Seychelles only, including the following:
> Health practitioner’s fees
> Prescribed drugs
> Dental treatments and
> Prescribed eyewear.
Treatment available by geographical regions
> Region 1: Seychelles or Mauritius,
> Region 2: Seychelles, Mauritius or India or South Africa
> Region 3: Seychelles or Worldwide excluding USA, Canada and Singapore
Stories & tips for everyday life
Our clients most frequently asked questions
Who is the Plan for?
- Corporate clients can provide the plan to their employees and their family members.
- Individual clients can take the plan for themselves or can also add their family members to the plan.
- An individual can become a new member of the plan up to the age of 59.
- Existing members can be covered up to the age of 75.
- Babies can be covered as from 1 (one) month.
When does my plan become effective?
- Immediately if an injury results from an accident.
- Twelve months after date of entry in connection with Caesarean &/ or complications that can reasonably be related to it thereafter.
- Six months after date of entry for Dental Expenses/ Treatment incurred in connection with Orthodontic, Prosthetic Appliances, Crowns, Dental Implants, Surgical Operation, Periodontics and Gum Treatment and for all Optical costs if out-patient option is taken.
- Three Months after date of entry for all other treatment.
What are the main Key Exclusions?
- Treatment or expenses in connection with or attributable to any illness or physical condition for which the Insured Person had knowledge of or had been diagnosed or treated by a Medical Practitioner prior to the commencement date of the Policy.
- Preventive treatment, check-ups or health screening.
- Treatment directly or indirectly arising from or required in connection with male or female birth control, infertility, contraception, sterilisation (or its reversal) and any form of assisted reproduction.
- Treatment for Alcoholism/Drug Abuse and Treatment of any illness or injury arising directly or indirectly from any such abuse or addiction.
- Any condition directly or indirectly caused or arising from or in any way attributable to or aggravated by or related to the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), or the mutants, derivatives or variants thereof, including Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-Related Complex (ARC).
How do I sign on to a health insurance plan?
- Select the In-Patient plan and region you require.
- Choose the optional out-patient cover if you would like to opt for it.
- Complete our health insurance proposal form.
- Receive your quote for the options selected (it can take up to 7 days to receive confirmation of acceptance onto the plan).
- Pay for your plan once confirmation is received (Monthly or annual payment option available).
How will payment be made for my treatment?
- All pre-approved in-patient treatment (emergency/planned) in Mauritius will be paid directly to
the hospital by Sacos upon completion of treatment..
- All Pre-approved planned treatment in all other regions will be paid in advance to the hospital by
Sacos upon the receipt of hospital invoice.
- All Pre-approved emergency treatment in other regions will be on a refund basis.
- Out-patient treatment will be on a refund basis, meaning Sacos will refund you the total claim, less 20% excess amount applicable under the cover.
Note: All claims payments are subject to terms and conditions.