Studying abroad is one of life’s most exciting adventures!
Preparing for your studies abroad? You will need to get a Student Travel Insurance to help cover medical expenses and other unforeseen costs during your stay abroad.
Our Student Travel Insurance, supported by Mapfre Assistencia – a global reinsurance company – provides full protection to students studying abroad, and provide 24-hour international assistance.
The Student Travel Insurance Plan covers
> Emergency medical evacuation up to USD50,000
> Emergency return home following the death of a family
> Repatriation of mortal remains
> Repatriation of family member travelling with the insured
> Travel of one immediate family member if the insured is hospitalised
> Personal accident up to USD10,000
> 24-hour personal assistance service
> Lost passport, ID card and driving licence
> Loss and delay of checked-in baggage
> Personal Liability, including legal defence
> COVID-19 cover included
Stories & tips for everyday life
Our clients most frequently asked questions
Who can take this plan?
Anyone who is going for overseas studies for a period between 3 and 12 months can take one of the two plans: ‘Student Classics or Students Premium’.
How do I purchase a Student Travel Insurance?
Purchase your Student Travel Insurance directly with Sacos at our head office on Mahé or at our branch on Praslin.
Can I renew my Student Travel Insurance?
As the Student Travel Insurance provide cover up to a 12-month period, you can renew your Student Travel Insurance either online or in person in Seychelles. However, all renewals must be done prior to the expiry date.
What are the exclusions in my plan?
- Pre-existing medical conditions are not covered under this specific insurance plan.
- You will not be reimbursed for medical expenses incurred if you travelled against medical advice.
- Preventative treatments and regular health screenings are excluded from coverage.
- Incidences and illegal activities arising out of irresponsible behaviour by the insured or where alcohol and drugs were involved are excluded from coverage.
How can I receive assistance?
Whenever any of the above events occurs, you or any person acting on your behalf should, in the shortest possible time, call the Alarm Centre, which is available 24h/24 7d/7, on the following numbers.
- +353 91 560 628 (From outside Ireland) or 091 560628 (From Ireland)
- +44 845 217 1379 (From outside UK) or 0845 2171379 (From UK)
- +33 4 37 37 28 98 for French language.